We are pleased to announce that we will be opening a third call for applications at the beginning of August 2019 with the awards to be announced at COP25 in Chile in December 2019.
We seek your inputs to identify possible opportunities that can be advertised to students in the call. Therefore, please provide your initial project ideas to email@example.com no later than 15 July 2019.
The GRA and CCAFS will then shortlist these project descriptions before advertising the selected projects to prospective student applicants at the beginning of August 2019.
Please find attached a document containing up to date information on the CLIFF-GRADS programme and a template for you to identify possible opportunities that can be included in the call. Further, you may find attached two project descriptions from Round 2 as examples. Please feel free to distribute this call for project proposals widely amongst your networks.
Note that we are planning future rounds of this scholarship opportunity, please keep these dates in mind if you are planning future research work that could host a CLIFF-GRADS student:
- Round Four will be opened to student applications in December 2019 with projects to begin from June 2020.
- Round Five will be opened to student applications in June 2020 with projects to begin from January 2021.
- The CLIFF-GRADS program provides grants for students from developing countries currently enrolled in PhD programs to undertake short-term research in association with advanced research institutes on topics related to measurement and mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions or carbon storage in agricultural systems and quantification of greenhouse gas emissions and mitigation potential from reduced food loss.
- CLIFF-GRADS Scholarships are to support PhD students to participate in short-term (4-6 months) research stays, with between 10,000 to 12,000 USD funding available to support each student, depending on duration of research stay.
- The first call for applications took place at the UN climate change conference (COP23) in November 2017 and resulted in 9 awardees for 2018. The second call resulted in 27 awardees for 2019 was announced in December 2018 at COP24 in Poland.
Finally, firstname.lastname@example.org is now the dedicated email for all CLIFF-GRADS related enquiries. Please save this to your contacts and don’t hesitate to reach out should you have any questions or require any additional information.