The IWSS has decided to continue with its tradition to encourage the participation of graduate (M.Sc. and Ph.D.) students in the 7th International Weed Science Congress in Prague (http://www.iwsc2016.org).
A limited number of awards will cover registration fees, accommodation and part of travel expenses. The Graduate Students Award Committee will select the awardees according to the following criteria:
1. The candidate must be enrolled as a M.Sc. or Ph.D. student, pursuing a degree related to weed science as of 1 January 2016.
2. A 5-page manuscript including tables, figures and photos (PDF file, 12 pt font, 1.5 line spacing, and 3-cm margin all around), with Abstract, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion. Deadline for submission is 1 January 2016.
3. Submissions will be appraised based on the following merits: quality of research, novelty, and contribution to the discipline of weed science.
4. Submissions should include a letter of commitment from the major Professor or institution to provide additional travel support should the student receive the award from IWSS.
5. All material should be sent via e-mail, no later than 1 January, 2016 to the three memberrs of the Graduate Students Award Committee: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Please ask for confirmation that your manuscript has arrived safely to all committee members.
The IWSS is grateful to the EWRS and the WSSA for their financial support to partially cover these important awards. The student submitting the most outstanding paper as determined by the Graduate Students Award Committee will receive the "IWSS Larry Burrill Graduate Student Travel Award", which covers all expenses to attend the Congress.