We are currently looking for two Vietnamese PhD candidates with interest in interdisciplinary science and proven experience in seed systems, vegetable production, impact pathway analysis and/or food-based approaches for nutrition to work within an international partnership led by CIAT.
The PhD positions are co-funded by the Dutch Science foundation (NWO) and CIAT and are part of a 3-year interdisciplinary research program entitled “Integrated vegetable seed systems development in ethnic minority communities in Northern Vietnam for enhanced nutrition and income security”. The research will focus on understanding how, and under what conditions, increased access and use of high quality seed of indigenous and exogenous vegetables translates into enhanced smallholder incomes and nutrition security. The PhD researchers will explore the knowledge gap of trade-offs to simultaneously optimize technical, organizational, economic, and social components of seed systems.
Deadline: April 2, 2019
Requirement for these positions:
· MSc degree in agriculture, horticulture, social or economic sciences or related discipline and proven research experience in the field of crop production, impact pathway assessment and/or nutrition security.
· Vietnamese nationality and at least 2 years of working experience, preferably in the research for development, rural development or food security sectors.
· Fluency in written and spoken English (TOEFL internet-based 90 with a minimum of 20 for speaking, or IELTS (academic version) 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 for speaking)
· Strong quantitative and/or qualitative research skills
· Proven scientific writing skills
· Preferably experience with interdisciplinary research, seed systems, vegetables, innovation systems and/or impact assessment
· Motivated to work in an international and interdisciplinary team, with excellent communication skills.
You can apply by sending your motivation letter, CV, and minimally three professional references to CIAT Human Resources (HR), Ms. Thuy Khuong (T.Khuong@cgiar.org) Closing date for applications is April 02. Interviews are expected to take place April 03.
On behalf of the Food Systems team, we would greatly appreciate if you could help diffuse the attached announcement among your networks. We are looking for highly motivated young Vietnamese talent.